May 18 Eucharistic Adoration 9:00-2:30, Benediction 2:35, in the church gathering space
May 21 Diaconate Ordination of Jake Schneider (SCBS class of 2007), St. Matthew Cathedral, South Bend, 11:00 am
May 23 8:15 am Mass in the gym, followed by 8th grade awards
May 24 7:00 pm Mass in the gym with Graduation, followed by reception in the cafeteria
May 27 Friday, 8:15 am Mass in the gym, followed by San Damiano awards
Last Day of school, dismissal at 1:00 pm
Used Uniform Sale, 4:00-6:00 pm
May 31 Mass of Thanksgiving with Bishop Rhoades, 7:00 pm, in newly renovated church
June 6 Report cards are mailed
Dear Parents and Students - I hope you are well. Year end is approaching very quickly, so please double check dates and times found in the newsletter. I have a list of items below to share - reminders, congratulations, and so forth. Have a great week! -Rob S.
1. Today, Friday, May 13th marks the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima when Mary first appeared to three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal in 1917. Mary’s main message of Fatima could be summarized as prayer, penance, and reparation.
a. Pray, pray a great deal and make many sacrifices, for many souls go to Hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and to pray for them.
b. Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war for she alone can help.
c. Perform acts of prayer and sacrifice to repair bad things that have happened in the world. Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us!
2. What an enjoyable Fine Arts Concert as presented by our students and Directors last Thursday evening! Over 110 students participated in the Fine Arts Programs this year. Our concert Thursday evening featured our Orchestra (1st year, 2nd year, intermediate, and advanced violin, viola, and cello) and our Band Program (beginning, intermediate, and advanced) both under the direction of Ms. Bassett with assistance from Mrs. Ensley. Also featured was our Chorus under the direction of Ms. Hope, with Mr. Hoy and Mr. Jinks as accompanists. Sister Genevieve, Mr. Hoersten, and I are very proud of all in our Fine Arts Program. Fine Arts make the world a brighter place to be and provide us with a glimpse of the wonders that Heaven holds for us! Thanks to our Directors, FA Board members, maintenance team, parents, & all who support our students!
3. A reminder that Report Cards will be held at the end of the school year until all tuition/fees have been paid. All have been doing a great job this year, but there may be some balances that you have overlooked. Double check your account balances in the areas of tuition, cafeteria, childcare, and athletics. All student library books, textbooks, and Chromebooks (with case and chargers) need to be returned in good order to complete the year. Thank you.
4. Parent Contact Information - Please remember to let the school office (email@example.com) know if we need to update your contact information. We need to be informed of cell phone number, email address, address and work phone number changes. Please, please contact us if you have had any recent changes so that we can update our records.
5. Save the Date: Eucharistic Procession and Festival - Save the date for a family-friendly Eucharistic Procession and Festival on the afternoon of Sunday, June 19 in Warsaw, IN as our diocese enters into the three-year Eucharistic Revival for the Catholic Church in the United States, renewing devotion and belief in the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. The procession will begin at Sacred Heart Parish at 2:30 p.m. with music and prayer before departing at 3 p.m. on a 2.8-mile route, concluding with Benediction and a festival at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish. Volunteers are needed to assist with this diocesan event. To learn more, RSVP, or volunteer, visit diocesefwsb.org/eucharist.