Fall Break (No School) Friday, October 14
Dear Parents and Students - We had a great visit with Bishop Rhoades on the 26th! He had previously had an ‘official’ school visit in 2010, so our students were excited to have him with us for the day. Bishop Rhoades led a beautiful Mass and commented how well the students sang and participated. Following Mass he visited with students, making his way into half of the classrooms throughout the morning and into the afternoon, interacting with students and teachers alike, and thoroughly enjoying himself. It was a little past 1:30 when he drove away. In our final conversation as I walked him to his car, Bishop was very thankful for our hospitality and asked me to share his gratitude with the faculty, staff, and students for such a nice day. We will continue to pray for Bishop Rhoades weekly throughout the year. He has great responsibilities and a very busy schedule and we sincerely appreciated his time with us.
In closing, I hope you can make it to Cardinal Fest this weekend, even if just for some food or a beverage. Many thanks to the Cardinal Fest Committee for all the hours of behind-the-scenes planning to provide a special day for our students and parishioners alike. It looks like the weather will hold up and the day will run smoothly. Thank you for sending your children to St. Charles! -Rob S.
School Picture Day - Monday, September 12th
Monday, September 12, is our annual school picture day. On school picture day, students do not need to wear their uniforms. Students should dress nicely and modestly. NO jeans or denim shorts/capris, no sleeveless dresses or tops, no sandals or open shoes; see the handbook for more information about appropriate attire. Gym classes and outdoor recess will still be held as scheduled, so parents/students should keep that in mind when choosing clothing. We hope to see many bright, shining faces and beautiful smiles on this day!! Ordering online is strongly encouraged at www.inter-state.com/order. Enter our school code: 69061ZA. Paper order forms can be picked up in the office. Grades PK -7 will pre-order picture packages. Grade 8 students will have several poses photographed and their orders will be placed once parents have seen the proofs. IF, by some chance any students are absent, there will be a picture make-up day on October 24.
Cardinal Fest will be taking place September 9-11th! Come out to enjoy a weekend of fun and fellowship! Find out all the details, links, and sign ups at www.cardinalfest.com!
#1 Thing To Do – Go to the website and see the lineup of activities! www.cardinalfest.com
- For 6th, 7th, 8th grade parents of St. Charles parishioners, sign up for the Teen Dance now! Dance form is on the website!
- Sign up to participate in the Monsignor John 5K Walk and Run right alongside Fr. Tom and Mr. Sordelet! For participants under the age of 18, register by Labor Day for a chance to get reimbursed for your registration!
Plan and mark your calendars for our main events on Sat, Sept 10th:
- Rectory Chapel Tours ((NEW THIS YEAR!)) 3:00-4:45 pm & 6-7 pm
- Carnival Games ((Wristband Purchase)) 3:00-5:00 pm
- Outdoor Games ((Wristband Purchase)) 3:00-7:00 pm
- Food & Drink Vendor Sales ((Menus on Website)) 3:00-7:00 pm
- BINGO ((*FREE* in the Hession Center)) 4:00-6:00 pm
- Adult Music/Beer Tent 7:30-11:00 pm
Help is always needed and very much appreciated!! All details can be found on www.cardinalfest.com.
- MANY volunteers are needed to run this weekend! Sign up for a chance to win gift cards! Service hours are also available!
- Donations of 2 liters of pop, Little Debbies, snack sized candy bars will be collected on Friday, Sept 9th.
- Buy SCRIP for Bingo Prizes! Send through the Parish Office or School.